Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Future.......

Ten years from now seems like forever away. I will be 32 years old, since I plan on turning 22 over and over again, I guess ten years will take awhile to get here. But honestly, ten years will happen before I know it. These past four years of college have just flown by, I remember waving goodbye to my parents freshmen year and now Im already planning graduation.
Ten years from now I will have my DVM and hopefully will be working for the government in Homeland security as a veterinarian, the Centers for Disease Control, or for a private pharmaceutical company as a veterinarian. Ideally I would like to continue living in Charleston, but if I am working for the government, I will most likely be living in Atlanta, or Maryland somewhere. I would also like to stay involved with my share of my dad's company as a silent partner. I would like to see my Dad sell some of the business or close some of his offices so he can enjoy life a little more, but he loves the corporate world so much I doubt that would happen in ten years. I would like to also be active in the realestate market as a realestate investor. I would like to own a number of houses and apartment buildings and have a property manager that deals with all of the tenants.
Ten years from now, I also plan on being married and starting a family. I would like to have four kids and have an established household. I would like for my kids to grow up close to where I did so if it means i have to travel back and forth every week from work to home, I think I would be willing to do so. Charleston was such a wonderful place to live and grow up, it has so much to offer to a young child, I think it made me the person I am today. I would like for my children to have the same opportunity that I did. Ideally, I would like to purchase the property that I grew up on from my parents and raise my children in the same house.
Ten years does seem like forever away, but I know it will be here before I am ready. It would be nice to accomplish all of my goals by then or at least be on the path to accomplishing those goals. I hope everyone in my family will be happy and keep their good health. Only time will tell.

No comments: