Monday, March 3, 2008

Presentations

After viewing all of the class presentations, their are a number that really stood out to me. My favorite was Lindsey's presentation on poultry showmanship. Of course I am biased due to my love of poultry and involvment in poultry showmanship, but I thought her presentation was very informative and unique compared to a number of other presentations I saw. I think the class really enjoyed seeing the chicken and actually learning that their was such a thing as poultry showmanship. Majority of people I know and meet do not believe me when I tell them I taught a class on poultry showmanship at Clemson for two semesters, they just find it so hard to believe that one could and would want to show a chicken.
The second presentation that I really enjoyed was Etta's presentation on slang terms. I thought his presentation was very unique and humorous. I have his handout on my refrigerator and my friends and I are using those terms everyday now. My favorite is nooo zeke, I love it!
The third presentation I really enjoyed was Seth's presentation on how to make a creme puff. They were really good and I thought it was great that he made some for the class to try. It was a great way to get the class involved in the presentation, very interactive and creative.
I thought everybody did a great job on thier presentations! They were all original and allowed us to get to know our classmates better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friends and I have started saying, "Noooo, Geek"... for obvious reasons... doc students... ehhh.

Anyway, I loved the chicken too. I mean, that was just such a great presentation! Most people like to learn about something totally new, and it really was something fun and brand new for most of us.